More communities have become beneficiaries of the initiatives put in place by Senator Hezekiah Ayuba Dimka representing Plateau Central Zone. It is hoped that all who benefit will utilize such for the good of the community they come from.
Recall that only recently, Senator Dimka embarked on a number of empowerment trainings for women and the youth. He had said that empowerment was just a part of what his constituents would benefit from the efforts to improve lives.
There is no stopping his drive for improvement as the journey continues. Some of them started as far back as 2019 when it all started. The best is yet to come. And believe it, when we tell you that he is committed to providing more, we know so on account of his antecedence.
We have told you, and repeatedly so; that everyone is appreciated on this journey. We have reason not to fail you.
Let us help give you a run down of some of those items already done, while believing that more will be added on what has been done:
A. SKILLS TRAINING AND EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMME.
- Training and provision of grant to one hundred and fifty (150) youth and women in November 2020 on live stocks Potato and, rice production.
- Sensitization workshop for seventy (70) youth and women in Kanam LGA on the menace of drug abuse
- Sensitization workshop for seventy (70) youth and women in Kanke LGA on the menace of drug abuse
- Sensitization workshop for seventy (70) youth and women in Mangu LGA on the menace of drug abuse
- Training and provision of grant to one hundred (100) youth and women of Plateau Central in October, 2021 on modern techniques of potato farming
- Distribution of Five hundred (500) empowerment items such as; Keke NAPEP, Motorcycles, grinding machines, water pumping machines, sewing machines and knapsacks across the Plateau Central in December, 2020
7.Training and empowerment of fifty (50 ) youth and women in October 2021 on Maize and potato farming
8.Training and empowerment of one hundred (100) youth and women in November, 2021 on Tomato farming
- Training and empowerment of eighty (80) youth and women on skill acquisitions 26/11/ 2021
B. WATER PROVISION
- Completed a 20,000 litre solar powered borehole in Chikan- Kabwir, Kanke LGA awaiting commissioning
- Completed a 20,000 litre solar powered borehole in konkol- Tal, Pankshin LGA and awaiting commissioning
- Completed a hand pump borehole in Pyemgiji- Gindiri, Mangu LGA
- Completed hand pump borehole in Dengi town (courts premises ) Kanam LGA.
- Three(3) 20,000 litres solar powered boreholes have been allocated and surveyed in three other benefitting communities for drilling and installation soonest.
Determined to make education relevant to the children of the Zone and beyond, the following have been embarked upon:
- One 3-classroom block has been constructed, Completed and furnished in Kunet-Butura,Bokkos LGA and ready for commissioning.
- One 3-classroom block has been constructed, completed and furnished in Tuwan- Kabwir, Kanke LGA and ready for commissioning.
- Contract for one 3-classroom block each in Kerang, Mangu LGA, Dengi, Kanam LGA and Nemel, Kanke LGA have been awarded to be completed in a few weeks.
- In an era where scholarship is non existent, four (4)
students have been awarded to study various courses in some universities courtesy of the Senator.
- Distribution of four truck load of fertilizer across Plateau Central Zone in the 2019 farming season.
- Siting of one agro- processing zone in Kanke and Kanam LGAs. Required land has been donated by the benefiting communities for the project.
- Provision and installation of solar lights in all the wards in Plateau Central zone to minimize and prevent security breaches by criminal elements at night.
- Provision of 500KVA transformers and rural electrification in Kabwir , Kanke and Kanam LGAs.
- Requesting for bills of quantity to commence the parameter fencing of Police Divisional office Kwal, Kanke LGA
F. HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE
- Visited and donated relief materials to Kwattas Bokkos LGA and Kulben Mangu LGA when they were attacked by unknown gunmen.
- Donated non- pharmaceutical materials and 500 bags of maize to my constituents during Covid-19 lock down.
- The first individual to make cash donation to Plateau State Government for onward distribution to the 17 LGAs during Covid-19 lock down
G. PROVISION OF EMPLOYMENT
- Over fifty (50) junior cadre employment and fifteen (15) senior cadre have been secured at NDLEA for our teeming youth.
- Three (3) jobs have been secured at FRSC
- One(1) job has been secured at Public Complaints Commission
- One(1) job has been secured at Federal College of Education Pankshin
- One(1) job has been secured at National open University of Nigeria
- Two (2) jobs have been secured at FCTA
H. BILLS SPONSORED
- Bills for the establishment of Federal University of Technology Kabwir.
- Bills for the establishment of the Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Kanam( a degree awarding institution )
- Bills for the upgrade of NDLEA Training institute, Jos.
HADMedia- Senator Dimka still at your service